Have Questions About Prosthetics or Orthotics? We Have Answers!
Our goal here at Advance Orthotic & Prosthetic Services, Inc. is to not only provide patients with high-quality orthotic and prosthetic services, but also to help them understand their treatment options. Serving Auburn and Brunswick, ME, and surrounding areas, we’re dedicated to keeping you informed about our products and facilities. Below you’ll find important information about our company and policies.
For additional questions, please call us at 1-877-877-7022. We look forward to hearing from you!
Our Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring to my first appointment?
For your first appointment, you should bring:
- Complete Customer Information Form
- Doctor’s Orders (Prescription)
- Insurance Cards
- Any Old Braces, Orthotics, or Molds
- Comfortable Shorts
What other payment options do you accept?
For medical expenses not covered by insurance, we also accept CareCredit. Benefits of CareCredit include:
- Low monthly payments (3% of the total balance)
- Interest free for 6 months
- Determine approval in a few minutes
- No annual fee
What should I expect during treatment?
Please review our Treatment Timeline to learn more about our process.
Are you certified?
Are you wheelchair accessible?
Does insurance cover this procedure?
Insurances require that we obtain several documents from the physician that referred you to our office and, if diabetic, the physician (MD or DO) treating you for your diabetic condition, to ensure you meet the coverage criteria.
Such documents include:
What is the “life expectancy” of the orthosis?
Some orthotic devices have a minimum of 5 years life expectancy such as ankle/foot orthoses, spinal orthoses, and some knee orthoses.
Can I call if I have any problems?
Yes! We are more than happy to speak with you on the phone or to schedule an appointment to assist you. Just call us at 1-877-877-7022
Do I need a “new” prescription for every visit?
What can I do if I have any other questions?
Please review our additional frequently asked questions for more information. You may also call our office and one of our staff members will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. You can contact us at:
Helpful Orthotics & Prosthetic Resources
- The American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Board of Certification/Accreditation
- O & P Care
- National Association for the Advancement of Orthotics & Prosthetics
- The National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education
- The Orthotic and Prosthetic Assistance Fund
- The Association of Children’s Prosthetic-Orthotic Clinics
- Post-Polio Health International
Fully Staffed Facilities
(with fabrication lab)
207 North River Road
Auburn, ME 04210
Business Hours (all locations)
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
277 Bath Road
Brunswick, ME 04011